Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Summer!




So summer has been going on for awhile now. Summer vacation for Miss.K and not such a vacation for myself. It's still work as usual for me. Of course as a single mom it comes with the territory. Of course I have been blessed with having Friday's off which means I have 3 day weekends also short days on Tuesdays. 

So far we have eaten dinner out on the patio a few times, trying desperately to not get carried off by the massive Mosquitos! It is pretty true what they say about Texas and things being bigger in it. Mosquitos are no exception to this. We have also managed to play a few games out on the patio as well. Jenga and Trivial Pursuit are so far our favorite games. Of course Miss. K is pretty smart and has won Trivial Pursuit several times. 


We have eaten dinner at Outback. It was very yummy in my tummy. This would be Miss.K drinking her drink and trying really hard not to smile for the camera. 


And of course when she does smile it is this goofy grin :) 

We have discovered Brusters ice cream and have visited there a few times. We have also made a few new friends. These bunnies live in the wooded area next to Brusters. 


Of course we can't start the summer off right unless we visit the bookstore and the library and the library on wheels. Getting a few of the books from the recommended summer reading is a Must! Miss.K has graduated from the Harry  Potter world (kind of) and has moved into the world of Percy Jackson. She is on the third series now and the author almost isn't writing fast enough nor are the movies being produced fast enough. So for Christmas I am on the hunt for a book on Greek mythology. I am such a mean mom I am making my child read another book in-between each Percy Jackson book she finishes. I am also making her keep a reading log of all the books she reads. She may just earn her AR (advanced reading) t-shirt in the first month of school. 

Miss K is going into the 5th grade (scary thought). Which means my baby is growing up on me. 

We have gone swimming and have both managed to get sunburned. Darn that fair skin we have and something about forgetting to put sunblock on. 

 
We have tomatoes!


And Watermelons oh my.


My last post Miss K was earning her blue belt well she just recently earned her Green Belt. I am so proud of her determination and hard work. 
Round house kick
Side kick
Punches! This is Bob. Bob gets punched and kicked a lot. Of course Miss K has power kicks and kicks him to ground almost daily. 

Her instructors 

I captured this amazing sunset the other night.

Found this moth hanging out in the windowsill at work. 

We have also been feeding the missionaries. Sister Priddis on the right is leaving to go home tomorrow. Sad face :(
They have been great to have in our home and do the follow up lessons for Miss K. 

Whew, doesn't seem like we have done a lot but now that I have compiled it all here or most if it here I'm in need of a nap. I am sure I have left a few things out. 

Hard to believe that in a month that the school year will be starting again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment