Saturday, August 2, 2014

On my way to financial freedom!


So I finally earned my associates degree back in December. Of course this comes after being on that 20+ year plan. Now I call it my life long learning plan! I originally started school back in 1999 right after I graduated High School. I attended Stephen F. Austin State University out in the middle of nowhere where I studied psychology and art, with the idea of becoming an art therapist. Could still be a possibility some day just not right now. 
I earned my associates in art with a field of study in criminal justice. Which means I just took a few extra classes. 

At any rate I have been paying on my student loans from SFA for as long as I can remember. I am proud to announce that I will have them paid off very soon. The realization that I owe less than $200 to Sallie Mae makes me very happy. This allows me to work more seriously on getting out of debt and saving money again. Who doesn't like having a little extra money every month.


No comments:

Post a Comment